Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 478
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

Getting a weird error

11 years 3 months ago #1670 by hack13
I am the programmer for a another grid who recently purchased your jopensim money module. After installing it and setting it up on 4 test regions for them on their grid. I am getting the fallowing error:

2013-01-22 21:42:23,491 ERROR - OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule [jOpenSimMONEY]: Failed to read BankerUUID: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.genericCurrencyXMLRPCRequest(Hashtable reqParams, String method)
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.getSettingDataString(String settingsfield)
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.getBankerUUID()
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.PostInitialise()

I have set everything up and pushed an avatar as banker and all. Also the module will not pop out of disabled mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #1671 by foto50
Hi hack13

This error you get, when there is no banker account defined. For jOpenSimMoney to work, you need to set one user account of your grid as banker.

To do so, you need following steps:
  1. Go to user management in jOpenSim admin, select the desired account and click on "Edit User" up right. On "Login Level" select "Banker".
  2. Now go to "Money System" in jOpenSim admin. The upper account should now be selectable in the "Banker Account" drop down list ... click on "Save"

Note: For the first time, even if this account is selected already, it is important that you click on Save to keep the settings!

If you now restart the simulator, this error message should be gone.

Greetz
FoTo50

11 years 3 months ago #1674 by hack13
I have just done this and still getting the error

11 years 3 months ago #1675 by foto50
Hmmm, the only possible thing I currently can think of is that there is maybe an invalid value for "CurrencyURL" in the section [Economy] of your OpenSim.ini

10 years 10 months ago #1875 by Strongheart
This is the same error I am getting. and yes I saved the banker avatar to the settings and restarted multiple times the simulator..........

the url checks out with the currency.php file found in the com_opensim folder of the components folder of my domain. The correct domain is used, the path is correct, but it is like the XMLRPC request is failing........

10 years 10 months ago #1876 by foto50
Hi Strongheart

Lets just be sure: if you type "money version" in your simulators console, will it return "[jOpenSimMoneyModule]: my version is: 0.2.6.3" ... correct?

What will happen, if you type "money bankerreset" in the same console?

If you enable "Access", "Input" and "Money" in JopenSim Debugging of the global config, is there any further information in /components/com_opensim/currency.log during the simulator startup? (Note: this might contain confidential data, do not post it here ... maybe better in PM if required ... and dont forget to disable the logging and empty the logfile after it)

And is there maybe anything in the error_log of your Joomla's webserver during the simulator startup?

I'm sure we will expose this evildoer somehow ;)

Greetz
FoTo50

10 years 10 months ago #1877 by hack13
typing money bankerreset fixed it, but I have to do this every so often. When I went into the server i found this (ediited out clients site address for security reasons)

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: i in /home/websites/joomla/administrator/components/com_opensim/views/money/tmpl/default_transactionbody.php on line 7, referer: http://<siteaddres>/administrator/index.php?option=com_opensim&view=money&task=moneyconfig&tmpl=component

10 years 10 months ago #1882 by hack13
Just bumping this, since I found an error message hoping this help trace it!

10 years 9 months ago #1891 by foto50
Due to another post in the forum I have another question to Strongheart:

Could it be that on the server where your Joomla is located, php is configured to display E_STRICT messages? If yes, yould you try to disable them and see if this solves your issue?

Greetz
FoTo50

10 years 9 months ago #1893 by foto50
Hi hack13

I'm sure that this php notice has got nothing to do with this issue.

But I found some other bug today that definately could cause this problem: I managed to setup OpenSim for testing today on Win7 and found that this enviroment is making the xmlrpc calls even BEFORE they get saved in MySQL in the regions table (uh, I never stop learning *g*). By default, in such a case jOpenSim is refusing to respond to the simulator for security reasons. This can be seen in currency.log (or also interface.log) when lines contain something like
{datetime} No access for ip.of.your.simulator for {xmlrpc-call} at line blabla
Since simply getting the UUID of the banker account is not really something confidential, there is a simple workaround which will be part of my next version:
In your Joomla installation, open /components/com_opensim/currency.php and go to line 59 (in version 0.2.7) where is says:
function getOpenXMLrpcFunctions() {
	$retval = array(
	"buy_land_prep",
	"preflightBuyLandPrep",
	"buyLandPrep"); // all open methods (do not need remoteIP check)
	return $retval;
}
... change this to:
function getOpenXMLrpcFunctions() {
	$retval = array(
	"getSettingsData",
	"buy_land_prep",
	"preflightBuyLandPrep",
	"buyLandPrep"); // all open methods (do not need remoteIP check)
	return $retval;
}
This should solve the missing bankerUUID at startup for now. This change will be for sure part of the next release.

Greetz
FoTo50

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000