Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 13
Total Residents: 478
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

A few concerns

11 years 7 months ago #1315 by loralai
Okay so I gave the demo a try and came across a few issues, but thats fine, we were having issues with Opensim on our new server network anyway. Nice job on the plugin, it works even with the issues we had, could have just been firestorm as well though.

I am guessing the demo does not have a set up for paypal since we couldnt find it to test out a few test payments on our grid.

One of the things that did concern us though Was the licensing model for the plugin, it was something we expected to pay for yes, but we were thinking it might have been along the lines of a one off payment instead of an annual billing cycle. I notice that its split up into region groupings, a certain number of regions per package, which is another thing that concerned us and didn't make much sense if everything was to be hosted on our own hardware. We will most likely still purchase the plugin as it would fit with the jopensim component we already use regularly. We are just concerned with the licensing as i have said before. We did expect to pay for the plugin and perhaps a years worth of support and updates when purchased, but the region limitations and that it is annual just to use the plugin at all without updates has us stumped. Could you provide some clarification for this, maybe we were reading into it wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #1328 by foto50
Hi loralai

In the first release, there is no paypal implementation at all yet. I'm currently working on something included in one of the next jOpenSim versions (0.2.5 or 0.2.6).

Concerning license model: this is the first one, others may turn up later if/when the requests rise. For sure there will always be some sort of block pricing with its limitation.

Of course everything is hosted on your own hardware, but it is a difference if you just run a kind of 3 region private simulator or a commercial grid with a few hundret regions. You will find software with different pricings for this difference all over the net.

I tried to keep the price low and know that the sales never ever will cover the development of it. I think it is only fair, if a bigger grid will contribute a bit more than smaller ones.

I hope this could clarify your questions

Greetz
FoTo50

11 years 4 months ago #1572 by oztrout
Hello ...
If i have made the banker ... can i change the banker to an other avi later ... ?

Thank you ...

11 years 4 months ago #1573 by oztrout
Hi again ...
I did change the banker ...
Befor and after i changed the banker i was getting this ...
What did i do wrong ... ?
Using the new money module 0.2.5 ....
Thank you ...

19:16:45 - [jOpenSimMONEY]: getSettingDataString bankerUID
19:16:46 - [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.genericCurrencyXMLRPCRequest (System.Collections.Hashtable reqParams, System.String method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.getSettingDataString (System.String settingsfield) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.getBankerUUID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.JoomlaModules.Currency.MoneyModule.PostInitialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.Framework.ModuleLoader.PostInitialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.PostInitialise () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Application is terminating: True

11 years 4 months ago #1577 by foto50
Hi oz

There is no 0.2.5 money module out there yet ;) I'm currently working on 0.2.4.2 where this exception is caught correctly so that at least the simulator will startup without terminating.

But the reason for this is actually located somewhere else. If you e.g. remove temporary the module from bin, it might startup, but will print many errors when there is any xmlrpc call (e.g. search update, group information, profile, etc...).

This happened to me lately also on my dev server. Unfortunately I could not localize this issue exactly, but my suspect is that it might be located in mono. Uninstalling and reinstalling it (2.10.6 here) solved it for me, allthough I am not sure what it was exactly ... :/

Greetz
FoTo50

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000