Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 12
Total Residents: 479
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

plg_jopensimregister fields not showing

12 years 3 months ago #947 by JDsom
I am using Joomla 1.7.3 with the plg_opensimregister plugin with both modules installed after the com_jopensim v 0.2 installation. Apart from these modules and a 3rd party template my joomla installation is standard.

Al seems ok but after configuring the registration modules as per the doc, the registration page does not show the expected fields for the first name and last name. However, if i complete the form with the shown fields, Name, Username, password, password confirmation email address and email address confirmation i get an error message saying that

"Please provide First Name and Last Name for your OpenSim Account" - see attached screen capture image.

(Is there a way of changing/customising the word "OpenSim" in this error message?)

This error occurs when the system-jopensimregister is set to "required" opensim avatar registration. In "optional" mode I cannot see the tick box or avatar name fields either but the registration completes as normal.

When the jopensimregister modules are enabled and i select the 'create an account' link in joomla it disables the main menu in my template. I am using the joomlashine JSN Epic Pro template. The only way to get my main menu back is to disable the jopensimregister modules and refresh my browser.

Any advice gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #950 by foto50
Hi JDsom,

and welcome to the jOpenSim forum!

The values to change the word "OpenSim" can be found in the files ...path-to-your-joomla/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_jopensimregister.ini and ...samepath/en-GB.plg_user_jopensimregister.ini.

I dont actually know why the fields wont turn up for you. Could you please tell me the name and the download url of the template you use? Maybe I can check out that way what's happening.

Greetz
FoTo50
The following user(s) said Thank You: JDsom

12 years 3 months ago #951 by JDsom
Hello foto50,

I am using the joomlashine Epic Pro template.

When I change the default template to Atomic or Beez, the fields appear in the registration page - something weird is going on with this template I fear. I have sent an email to the template developers (two weeks ago) but as yet they have not found out why this is happening.

Thanks for confirming about the values in the language files.

When is the new version coming out of jOpenSim?

kind regards,

JD

12 years 3 months ago #954 by foto50
Hi JDsom

I have downloaded the free version of this template and checked it a bit. It looks like they are removing the "fieldset" tags from the form generated by Joomla. From functionality, there would be no problem removing these tags. But like jOpenSimRegister, I've also seen many other plugins relying on these tags since they are the only way to find the exact position in the registration form between the form fields and the submit button. If they do not want to display the fielset borders, I suggest them to disable the display via CSS. You can forward this information to the developers if you want.

For now, asuming that the pro template has the same way of manipulating the registration form as the free edition, I can help you with a "dirty hack", that could temporary solve your problem:

In /path-to-yout-joomla/plugins/system/jopensimregister/jopensimregister.php you will find around lines 68 and 70:
$searchpattern = '/(<\/fieldset>)(.*)(<button type="submit" class="validate[^"]*">'.JText::_('JREGISTER').'<\/button>)/s';
$replace = '${1}'.$opensimFields.'${2}${3}';

If you replace this with:
$searchpattern = '/(.*)(<button type="submit" class="validate[^"]*">'.JText::_('JREGISTER').'<\/button>)/s';
$replace = '${1}'.$opensimFields.'${2}';

the fields should turn up for you. Mind that this is not really a clean solution and also can screw up other plugins manipulating the registration form (like CB, captcha, etc...). And I also will keep the replace routine for jOpenSimRegister how it is, so in a next version of the plugin, those changes might get overwritten again.

... and to your 2nd question: jOpenSim 0.2.1 was planned already a week ago. There are still some minor issues I want to solve in this release. But some private stuff keeps me currently a bit away of working concentrated on it. However, I really hope to be able to release it as soon as possible :)

Greetz
FoTo50

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000