Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 12
Total Residents: 479
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

Issue with Maps Module

12 years 5 months ago #925 by destinyzero
Hello, It appears that even though the maps are working and connecting well to the server, I am experiencing a problem regarding the [Function.fsock]

The images do not load on the map and only display the name of the region and while it has no issue connecting to the main server, the web server is having issues trying to get the connection approved.

Keep in mind these 2 servers are not located in the same data center for backup purposes.

I have immediate experience with php and I can try to fix the issue myself, if I get further instructions.

Here is exactly what the message details:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to HIDDENFORSAFETYREASONS:9000 (Connection refused) in /home/private_user/public_html/administrator/components/com_opensim/assets/regionimage.php on line 29

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Yes, port 9000 is open on the server and is running on a business class broadband network.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #926 by foto50
Hi destinyzero

There are several reasons, why jOpenSim might be unable to retreive the map image from the OpenSim server. E.g. Port 9000 must be enabled at the OpenSim server, not at the server, jOpenSim is located.

I have seen some cases of config, where the image will not be received at port 9000 as it is displaying, but at the port, the region is configured with (9001, 9002, etc... - the details for this should be in your regions.ini). Then these ports should be enabled also.

You also can suppress this warning and see if the image turns up. You can do this by changing line 29 of mentioned regionimage.php:
$pointer = fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr, $timeout);
to
$pointer = @fsockopen($host, $port, $errno, $errstr, $timeout);

But I actually expect you to get an error image with "?" on it and maybe some error number.

If you're sure, that you have curl installed on the server where jOpenSim resides, you can try to "bypass" the f(sock)open method and open it via curl.
The easiest way would be to add a line right below line 136 where it says:
$file_content = "";
add:
$fopen = FALSE;

With this you "force" regionimage.php to use the curl method for opening the map image.

Please let me know if anything made a change to the better. And remember, there is also regionimage.php in the administrator path (in your case /home/private_user/public_html/administrator/components/com_opensim/assets/regionimage.php) that would need similar changes if you want the map images to be displayed in the admin part of jOpenSim.

Greetz
FoTo50

12 years 5 months ago #927 by destinyzero
Hi Foto, unfortunately that did not do much but now bring up a ? on the map.

The regions in the config all have different ports, but they are using all the same local ip address.

The switch and HUB are allowing all the ports for each region to run.
I do not think my web host has curl as I've done the curl method and came up with no difference.

You are welcome to check it out your self.
I will PM you the details.

I have no idea if something in my region config could be doing this or if something in Php is not configured right.

Because the names of the region do load, just not the images.
Maybe you can see what you can do.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000