Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 478
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

JOpensim install error

8 years 1 month ago #2388 by Korgi Silvercloud
Hi all.

I am trying to install com_opensim 0.3.0.9 on my out of the box Joomla 3.4.8 running on MySQL 5.7.11 (I think), but am getting the following error:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1031 Table storage engine for '#_opensim_partnerrequests' doesn't have this option

I am fairly new to Joomla or MySQL, so I am not sure what the option it's talking about is.

The other plugins (mod_opensim_events.zip, mod_opensim_friends.zip, mod_opensim_gridstatus.zip, plg_jopensimregister.zip, plg_jopensim_quickicon.zip) installed fine (at least didn't show errors).

I also see #_opensim_x tables created in my db, but no table by the name of #_opensim_partnerrequests...

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a duplicate or something: i could not find anything with that error's keywords in this Forum's search.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #2389 by foto50
Hi Korgi,

and welcome :) No, this is not a duplicate ... in fact, I read this error the very first time. Though it doesnt happen on any of my servers, I have the suspect, that this could be caused by some option in the sql statement there is in this table but not in any other one (which is made automatically by some proggy I use).

I have adopted the install file of jOpenSim and attached it here. Please try this one and tell me if this works.

Greetz
FoTo50

File Attachment:

File Name: com_opensi..._9_1.zip
File Size:1,006 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Korgi Silvercloud

8 years 1 month ago #2390 by Korgi Silvercloud
I tried installing that file, and it worked perfectly fine...thank you! ^^

8 years 1 month ago #2391 by foto50
Hi Korgi

Thanks for pointing me to this :) This must be some issue in MySQL, where under certain conditions/configurations is does not allow InnoDB tables to have the option ROW_FORMAT (wether FIXED or DYNAMIC) while creating ... odd ;)

However, the next "official" version of jOpenSim will be adopted to this issue thanks to your report, many thanks :)

Greetz
FoTo50

8 years 1 month ago #2392 by Korgi Silvercloud
The install worked, but I am getting an error after configuring the OpenSim database settings.

Basically, after installing, I did the following:
* Went to Global Configuration for the com_opensim extension
* Clicked on OpenSim database tab
* Entered localhost as the database host
* Entered 3306 as the database port
* Entered the correct db user name and password
* Entered the correct db name (opensim)
* Clicked Save button in top left corner

The page refreshed as a version of the same with no CSS loaded and no buttons. At the bottom, there was this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getQuery() on null in C:\xampp\htdocs\administrator\components\com_opensim\models\fields\com_opensimregionlist.php on line 63

The only way I found to fix that is to manually clear these settings in the JSON params of the extension in the Joomla database. The global config page then loads fine but the plugin, of course, does not work (as it has no opensim db to connect to).

Any ideas on what the problem is?

If that needs its own forum topic, sorry and please move appropriately.

8 years 1 month ago #2393 by foto50
Hi Korgi

Could you pls specify what page you talk about?

7 years 10 months ago #2443 by Ryan
I had the same problem with it not connecting to the database but displaying no error message

problem only occurred if using the default MySQL port of 3306

I hacked line 186 of opensim.class.php and forced addition of the port as below in red and this fixed it for me

$option = $externalhost.":3306"; // Database host name and port

7 years 10 months ago #2444 by foto50
Hi Ryan

This should not really be necessary if in the global config the connection details of the opensim database port is either empty (defaults to 3306) or has the value 3306.

Greetz
FoTo50

7 years 10 months ago #2445 by Ryan
Hi foto50,

As with the previous comment, after installing the extension and specifying the DB details (with or without the 3306) once you hit save the configurations page crashes with only a white page some of the text displaying (no css) ending at the default regions,

PHP error log shows an error
[Wed Jun 22 16:48:02.466368 2016] [:error] [pid 5032:tid 1116] [client 192.168.2.80:52398] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQuery() on null in C:\\Bitnami\\joomla-3.5.1-1\\apps\\joomla\\htdocs\\administrator\\components\\com_opensim\\models\\fields\\jopensimregionlist.php on line 63, referer: http://192.168.2.80/joomla/administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_opensim&return=aW5kZXgucGhwP29wdGlvbj1jb21fb3BlbnNpbQ%3D%3D

I checked the code and debugged, $db is not being populated because the connection to the database has failed however no error message is generated.

All I am saying is that when I hard code the port on that line (186) it does work maybe you do need to specify the port even if it is the default one, looking at your code it only adds the port if it is different from 3306

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000