Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 478
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

Selling land

4 years 1 month ago #3310 by andrewheritage
Should it be possible to sell land for $0 to someone from another grid. I've tried and it gives it is unable to authenticate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #3311 by Kclip
Do you have the money module? Buying and selling land does not work out of the box for opensim or Jopensim.

4 years 1 month ago #3312 by andrewheritage
Yes I have the money module set up and running. Do I need to pay the person something first even though land is set for $0 ?

4 years 1 month ago #3313 by andrewheritage
I managed to sell a parcel for $0 to someone on the same grid.

4 years 1 month ago #3314 by Kclip
It should work both ways. It does on the grid i have set up. Here is a question for you. On the Licence, you are not out of regions for it are you? I had that happen before and had to get more regions on my licence. Maybe try on another region and see if its the same issue.

4 years 1 month ago #3315 by andrewheritage
Thanks for the though around regions but I only have 5 regions. I've tried with avatars from OS Grid and Kitely and both giver same, "There has been an error while fetching land buying information."

4 years 1 month ago #3316 by foto50
Hi andrewheritage

Can it be that the other ones where it worked have been local users, but the ones where it doesnt are HG user?

On the other side, there could be a difference in the OpenSim.ini settings for certain simulators. In section [Economy] there could be set "SellEnabled = false", which avoids selling items for 0$

Greetz
FoTo50

4 years 4 weeks ago #3317 by andrewheritage
Yes that seems to be the case, hence my question as to if it should be possible to sell to users from other grids. I also tried paying the person so that the land could be sold for a fee rather than zero but no difference.

4 years 4 weeks ago #3318 by foto50
Hi andrewheritage

To me it looks this is rather an OpenSimulator/viewer issue similar to the "buy currency button" on top right (see screenshot of e.g. Singularity)

While the value of balance is retrieved via a region module which is always different in different grids, this button as well as the check for possibility of land purchases use the url from "economy" in the section [GridInfoService] in the Robust.ini

Unfortunately, this value does not get replaced in the viewer when users jump to another grid (which imho should be the case) and so the viewer still trying to gather this info from the home grid instead of current grid and obviously then fails :( Also the currency symbol does not get updated when jumping to other grids.

Greetz
FoTo50
Attachments:

4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #3319 by foto50
Hello once more :)

Just checked a little for alternatives for this issue. If you can/want to allow an OSSL function, threated as "high" or "very high" level, you could enable "osSetParcelDetails" in your ./config-include/osslEnable.ini and then transfer the parcel via LSL script (see details at opensimulator.org/wiki/OsSetParcelDetails ).

I tested successfully with a method like
giveParcel(vector position, key owner)
{
    list rules =[PARCEL_DETAILS_OWNER, owner];
    osSetParcelDetails(position, rules);
}
where position is a local position (e.g. from llGetPos() ... ) and owner is a user uuid (e.g. from llDetectedKey(0) ... ). This works even with HG user uuids

Mind that this function is not enabled by default. In my osslEnable.ini I have e.g. enabled it with
Allow_osSetParcelDetails =        ${XEngine|osslParcelO}ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER
A change in there requires a region restart to take effect.

Hope this helps
Greetz
FoTo50

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000