Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 477
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

Is Jopensim Dead?

7 years 7 months ago #2471 by BillBlight
I mean seriously? Forums dead. No updates, no announcements not even a hint that anything is going on for 4 months?

Should those of us using this great component start looking for alternatives?

Don't mean to offend but I am actually concerned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #2536 by fungi
It is of further concern that there has been no response to this question.

7 years 1 month ago #2537 by BillBlight
I have spoken with foto50 since I posted this , he is very busy but he is working on things ..

He does not wish to really move on to BIGGER things until an RC is released of .9 ... Which at this point might be never, judging by the state of opensimulator development.

7 years 1 month ago #2538 by foto50
Hi folks

I didnt think I need to response to this topic since activity (in the forum but also releasing new versions) speaks for itself.

But to avoid uncertainty here my statement:

As long as I have a working brain and at least one working finger to touch my keyboard, I will not get tired to move jOpenSim forward! ;)

jOpenSim is and always will be a free component. This is my way to give back something to the open source community, where I've learned almost everything about programming.

Sure, I also have commercial projects, that make my income and consum quite some time, preventing me from working on jOpenSim as it would deserve. Because of this I have decided to work only on stable releases of OpenSimulator to make my efforts as efficient as possible.

Facing this - knowing there is no big team earning something with donations or advertising - I ask for understanding that not all new (pre)releases of OpenSim are involved in jOpenSim right at the moment.

But jOpenSim is not just me alone ;) At this point a BIG THANKYOU to all who contribute, reporting bugs, adding wishes or simply inspire me by a chat! I encourage everyone to participate - jOpenSim will grow with every constructive bug report or wish ... let me know ;)

U catch me easiest here in the forum or inworld in jOpenSimWorld. Add me as friend there and are aware I'll respond in CET office times ;)

Greetz
FoTo50
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roaming

7 years 1 month ago #2539 by fungi
It looks like a benevolent and worthy project. I definitely am wanting to implement it. I hope you develop it to the point of indispensability. Right now it looks amazing. I just need to figure out how to make it work with the new native features of opensim. They claim they will be supporting and developing the new group and messaging features ongoing, so that is very appealing to me. I have used flotsam xmlrpc project with fair but still limited success but never to 100%

7 years 1 month ago #2540 by BillBlight
jOpensim works better than the default old messaging even though it is based on it ..

Melanie recently broke all the old messaging services with an update but see this mantis for a fix .. opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8106

I have compiled working jopensim dlls for .9dev and they work fine, message me if interested.

Personally I prefer the old messaging system, it allows for more external tie ins than the "built in" new system.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000