Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 9
Total Residents: 476
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

jOpenSim3

8 years 9 months ago #2303 by aerozol84
Hi, I too would like to get access to testgrid.jopensim.com, I'm not a developer but I understand something in the system and is ready to help any way I can, from Russia with love ..))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #2304 by foto50
Hi aerozol84

I have activated your registration at the testgrid :)

There is no need to be developer for helping in testing ;) It is the user who is at the end using the component, not the developer :) ... so I am always happy to get constructive comments ... it only can help me to make the component more useful :)

Greetz to Russia
FoTo50

8 years 9 months ago #2305 by foto50
Today was a bugfix day ;) During testings I found (by destiny) the reason why sometimes users end up with "new group" instead of the real group name in the viewer after creating a group. This and some issues with payments to deeded objects are solved now.

In the admin page, transactions now also will show the group name if the receiver was a group (until now: unknown [groupid]).

As the frontend part starts now, it might get interesting how things work with several templates. As you know, the testgrid currently only runs with the default one from Joomla. And as administrator, you're not able to install templates. But if you want to see the testgrid with a special template, just let me know the url or send the zip and I'll install it for you :)

Greetz
FoTo50

8 years 9 months ago #2306 by aerozol84
It is interesting to see that there is a template and take a look at the administrator's interface if you can))

8 years 9 months ago #2307 by foto50
I have installed a few templates now on the dev site so you can switch and review :)

Frontend goes on:

Inworld Account management for users in frontend now works with the basic features. Some issues still remain and are described on the dev site in "DevStatus".

And here comes the template issue: while with all other templates everything looks as expected, with template "pt_applex_free - Default" the link "partner request" in "Inworld Account -> Profile" is misplaced. I'll try to get that fixed but the major issue from my testers would be to provide me with templates THEY are using at the end so we can test even more.

During dev work I also found and solved an issue with online status inworld in the groups tab concerning the online status of the member list. Until now it always turned up with 1970-01-01. On the test grid it currently shows statically the date of TODAY (server time) but will show the real value once I'm finished with that part :)

For this a simple change in OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules in OpenSim is required. If anyone of you is able to contribute to source of OpenSim, pls msg me so to hope in the next version this will be supported by default.

Greetz
FoTo50

8 years 8 months ago #2308 by foto50
Events are mostly finished. With avatar selection (what I will solve next now) it will rather be called a beta version ready for testers :)

For this reason I invite all interested for a TechTalk in jOpenSimWorld at the Cafe on friday 6pm UTC time (you find it easy with sURL at www.jopensim.com/inworldevents.html ).

If you have set your own timezone in your inworld account it will show you the time for your timezone.

I choose this time so it's not too late for my friends in russia and not to early for the friends of US ;) Hope you all are able to join me inworld.

Note: you dont need to be a dev or a tester to join, everybody with constructive messages about jOpenSim(3) is welcome :)

Greetz
FoTo50

8 years 8 months ago #2309 by foto50
The plugin jOpenSimRegister works now as well with avatar selection on Joomla 3.4.3 and even got an additional parameter to redirect to some page after successful creating the account :)

I'll try to get some installable zip of the entire package until tomorrow.

I'll be inworld in jOpenSimWorld Cafe tomorrow and hope those interested in a first test version will also be able to make it inworld ;)

Greetz
Foto50

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000