Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 477
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

jOpenSim Search

11 years 5 months ago #1465 by djs2teach
I keep on getting the following when search is clicked: This is a placeholder for 'Showcase' which will come in a later version of jOpenSim. I did follow the install instructions and enabled search via opensim.ini, uploaded the .dll file and added the search URL which works.

Please help me enable the search capabilities.

Thank you,

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1543 by foto50
Hi djs2teach

Sorry for my late reply. Somehow I missed this topic :oops:

The "web search" has the futuring showcase as starting page and that's why there is this placeholder for now. Currently the web search is only searching for objects that have "show in search" enabled. Of course, there will be additional results for land, groups and users in an upcoming version.

But these results already exist in the "classic search"

Greetz
FoTo50
Attachments:

11 years 4 months ago #1585 by foto50
Hi djs2teach

Investigating new viewers (kokua and teapot) I found that those viewers do not even provide a search form with the search window anymore. Since I did not provide a search form either in the viewers search page, the search will become more or less useless like this ;)

I'm currently working on version 0.2.6 where the form is added again directly in the inworld web search and you will be able to search again even with these new viewers :)

I hope I will be able to publish this new version even this year :)

Greetz
FoTo50

9 years 4 months ago #2174 by Cooper_Latte
Hello,

I'm currently working on a complete rebuild of the aviworlds.com Joomla! frontend.

One problem I encountered, the In-World Search is enabled, and working fine. I cannot, however, find anywhere to modify the text. It still reads:

:jOpenSim Search
This is a placeholder for 'Showcase' which will come in a later version of jOpenSim

jOpenSimSearch Version 0.2.9 powered by FoTo50"

Where does this text propagate from?

Thanks,

Cooper

9 years 4 months ago #2176 by foto50
Hello Cooper

and welcome to our forum :)

The word "jOpenSim Search" and "This is a placeholder..." are the variables JOPENSIM_INWORLDSEARCH and JOPENSIM_SHOWCASE in the file /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_opensim.ini

But if you would like to have different values for them, I sugguest to define them in /language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini so it will not get overwritten with a future release of jOpenSim. If this file does not exists yet, just create it but dont forget to save it as "UTF-8 - No BOM".

The sentence "jOpenSimSearch Version x.x.x powered by FoTo50" is a hard coded backlink to here. But if you dont want it to be displayed, feel free to remove it in /components/com_opensim/views/inworldsearch/tmpl/default.php in the last line.

Greetz
FoTo50
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cooper_Latte

9 years 4 months ago #2177 by Cooper_Latte
Thank you foto50,

Great job with the jOpensim, it's a great plug-in.

I don't mind the backlink, and I'll leave it alone. There is an override file in the installation already, so I'll make the change there.
I think some of the residents think it's not working yet, because it says it's a placeholder ;)
I was looking in menus, articles and modules for it.

Thanks again,

Cooper

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000